The weather forecast during Father’s Day weekend was just awful. For once, though, the forecast was wrong. It was hot and overcast, but no lightning and no serious rain. I’d expressed my concern that I haven’t gotten enough uphill training to my sweetie and, being a solution-oriented engineer type, he suggested we find a hike where he could drop me off at the bottom of a long hill, then meet me at the top to drive back and do it again without the “break” of walking all the way back down. Bear Mountain would be especially good for this type of thing, but it’s too far away for the time frame we had. The only nearby hill I could think of like that is Shaupeneak Ridge. So that’s where we headed on Saturday afternoon.
- Follow DOWN Is Optional, UP Is Mandatory on WordPress.com
- Shaupeneak Ridge II, or It’s All Uphill from Here (For Better or Worse)
- Less Than a Month to Go, or Ready or Not (Here I Come)
- Outdoor Research Women’s Oasis Sun Sombrero, or Maybe Looking Cool Doesn’t Matter (Being Cool Does)
- Fishkill Ridge to Lamb’s Hill/Bald Hill Loop, or Time Flies Like an Arrow (Especially on Steep Ascents)
- Kaaterskill Falls, or Braving the Crowds (Is Totally Worth It)
- Grand Canyon Rim to Rim HikeJuly 19th, 201725 days to go.
TagsAdirondack Mountains Appalachian Trail Backcountry Camping Beacon Bear Mountain State Park BFF Boots Camping Permits Catskills Cho-Pat Cold Spring Columbia County Dutchess County Fire Tower Franny Reese State Park Gardiner Gear Goldilocks Google-Fu Grand Canyon Grand Canyon National Park Great Scandaga Lake Greene County group fitness gym Hadley Mountain Harriman State Park Hat Highland Hike Hoka One One Joint Pain Knee Lake Luzerne Lake Skannatati Marmot Minnewaska State Park Mohonk Preserve New Paltz Outdoor Research Outdoors Planning PreCip Putnam County Rain Jacket Rim to Rim Rockland County Rock Scramble Ruins Saratoga County Saratoga Springs Scenic Hudson Shaupeneak Ridge Solo Hike Stissing Mountain Training Travel Trek Ulster County Waterfall weather werk Wildland Trekking workout