Hello! Welcome to the blog I started to document my journey to accomplish a lifelong dream to hike the Grand Canyon from rim to rim.
- Follow DOWN Is Optional, UP Is Mandatory on WordPress.com
- Shaupeneak Ridge II, or It’s All Uphill from Here (For Better or Worse)
- Less Than a Month to Go, or Ready or Not (Here I Come)
- Outdoor Research Women’s Oasis Sun Sombrero, or Maybe Looking Cool Doesn’t Matter (Being Cool Does)
- Fishkill Ridge to Lamb’s Hill/Bald Hill Loop, or Time Flies Like an Arrow (Especially on Steep Ascents)
- Kaaterskill Falls, or Braving the Crowds (Is Totally Worth It)
- Grand Canyon Rim to Rim HikeJuly 19th, 2017Countdown to the start of my Grand Canyon rim to rim hike!
TagsAdirondack Mountains Appalachian Trail Backcountry Camping Beacon Bear Mountain State Park BFF Boots Camping Permits Catskills Cho-Pat Cold Spring Columbia County Dutchess County Fire Tower Franny Reese State Park Gardiner Gear Goldilocks Google-Fu Grand Canyon Grand Canyon National Park Great Scandaga Lake Greene County group fitness gym Hadley Mountain Harriman State Park Hat Highland Hike Hoka One One Joint Pain Knee Lake Luzerne Lake Skannatati Marmot Minnewaska State Park Mohonk Preserve New Paltz Outdoor Research Outdoors Planning PreCip Putnam County Rain Jacket Rim to Rim Rockland County Rock Scramble Ruins Saratoga County Saratoga Springs Scenic Hudson Shaupeneak Ridge Solo Hike Stissing Mountain Training Travel Trek Ulster County Waterfall weather werk Wildland Trekking workout